Sunday, March 25, 2012

Low carb Enchiladas

Last night for dinner I made Low carb Enchiladas!

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 large yellow onion diced
1 med carrot shredded
1 can vegetarian or ff re fried beans
low fat or fat free cheddar cheese shredded
3 medium zucchini
salsa or enchiladas sauce.  I used the salsa!

Brown the turkey, onion and carrot together. In a large bowl I mixed the re-fried beans, 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/2 salsa/sauce.  Once the meat was cooked I mixed it into the large bowl.  (this does make a lot, I froze the remainder for later use).

Take the zukes and remove both ends. Next, take a potato peeler and make long, length wise passes of the zuke. (You want what looks like lasagna noodles.)

Layer the slices length wise on a piece of plastic wrap.  You want to overlap to create a sheet. Drop a large spoon full of the mixture onto the zuke and roll!  I place in a small baking sheet with about a 1/2 cup of the salsa/sauce on the bottom to prevent sticking.  I then sprinkled the top with cheese and baked for about 4 minutes on 350.  very tasty!

1 comment: