Monday, September 26, 2011

Holiday Project

I'm thinking about the holidays already!  And yes, I usually start this early, but this year being unemployed it is more important.  One thought I had was to create some gifts.  I love giving gifts from the heart and can think of no better way than to create something with my hands!  So, while on the hunt I came across a project I am totally going to try.

I am posting a link to the youtube video, because there is really no need to recreate the wheel here.  The basic jist is that I will be taking plain old plastic shopping bags and fusing them together to create a fabric.  I will then cut and sew the fabric into gift bags that can double as shopping bags, or lunch bags!  For Christmas, I will be canning some tomato jam and maybe pumpkin butter and putting these in the bags!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNziDXtm1SA

My thought right now, because I haven't started yet and always have grand plans prior, is to use mostly white bags, and then cut up the colored bags and fuse the colors between the layers to create a custom "fabric"!

I of course will post pics later!

No comments:

Post a Comment